Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Progressives not progressive any more.

We are having a fight here in my little island city. We want a movie theater. We have to travel to another city to watch movies. A developer wants to build a multiplex and incorporate and preserve an old art deco theater into the new theater design. The theater has been in need of renovation for over 25 years. The progressives in this city are vehemently against this. They want to keep just the old theater and I am sure show indie films which only appeal to the libs and the mostly over 40 crowd at that. There is also a parking garage proposed and it really has their underoos in a twist. I wish they had the same passion for preserving valuable social institutions like The Boy Scouts and opposite sex marriage as they do for old buildings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home