Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

My 6 year old boyfriend.

There are 2 women living in one of the cottages in my cottage court. They are around my age and they are New Age lesbians. They grow herbs and do stuff with crystals and engage in tarot readings when they need to make important decisions, etc. Although, I do not believe in any of the things that they are doing I like them very much. They have an adopted grandson, Jamel, who comes to visit from his home in Seattle. He comes for sping break and stays the whole summer..

The cottage court that we live in is tiny, and Jamel is full of energy and not in the least shy. He has been in love with me, since he was 3. He and I play with trucks and cars. I collect toy tow trucks, which are his very favorite things. He had a very rough childhood. One of the lesbians has a beautiful daughter. She is tall and blond and looks like a supermodel. She is, sadly, attracted to the worst Black men she can find. 6 years ago she was in a relationship with one of them. The guy had another woman who was pregnant by him. The woman gave birth and came home from the hospital the next day. She left Jamel, a 1 day old baby, alone, while she went out to do drugs. Someone who was stayng at the apartment she lived in, found the baby and began to try and locate the father to tell him the baby had been left alone. My neighbor's daughter, who was living with the father answered the call. She went to pick up her boyfriend's son and she has cared for him ever since. The father was abusive toward him and so was a subsequent boyfriend that she had. Jamel has a lot of fears around going to bed at night, because the ex boyfriend would make him stay in his room while he was visiting. Once Jamel came out of his room and the guy twisted his arm really badly. When he is staying here with his grandmother, he often throws all night fits. It is hard on us here to listen to him and often his grandmothers will put him in the car and drive him around til he falls asleep.

The grandmothers also use me as incentive and punishment. If he does something wrong, they don't let him see me. They say that this is their most powerful tool. This morning he knocked on my door. He told me that there was something in my mailbox for me. "It's a poster!" he said. "I'm going to Gay Pride." and off he ran down the walkway, carrying his portable chair. There was a sheet of white paper in my mailbox, folded up and taped excessively. I opened it and it was picture of me and a pirate, because he knows I love pirates.

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I am glad that somebody does, SF!

 
At 10:34 PM , Blogger Blogardner said...

What a sweet, little thing. I love children ferociously.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home