Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Liberal friends!

My ex-neighbor is of French extraction. She does not speak French but has a slavish devotion to the idea of France and is very liberals in the usual unthinking silly way of most San Francisco Bay Area liberals. She is totally uniformed about every subject known to man and is content to agree with whatever Europeans think. Her daughter went to Germany to be an au pair. My neighbor went to visit her daughter while she was in Germany. She visited her beloved France of course.

My other neighbor got married in the California Sierra Mountains. She invited us to the wedding in the woods. My Estonian neighbors drove me and the "French" neighbor to the wedding. While on the way, the "French" neighbor regaled us with stories. She mentioned that she had vociferously denied support for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars while eating dinner with her daughter's German employers. "I hope you don't think all Americans support the wars," she apologised whingingly. I am listening to this in the car and I am getting irritated. Of course my Estonian friends know that there are Estonian troops in Iraq as well and they are quiet. I have never heard an anti-American word from an Estonian, they are too busy hating on Russians. So I finally say to Frenchy, "So did your daughter's host family reply, "That is OK, our fathers were Nazi's!" My Estonian friend who doesn't talk or laugh easily, guffawed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home