Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Obsessed with the past

I have come to believe that the statement, "Those who do not know the past are doomed to repeat it," is the stupidist statement ever made. For one thing, man has always been at war. For another thing, those wars always seem to be about some crap that happened in the past. The Arabs have this thing about honor. They also have an unnatural obsession with crimes they feel were perpetrated against people they didn't even know. Everytime you try to reason with one, you get the same old stories. I think it's best if atrocities are acknowledged to have been pretty universal and have done with it. I once worked with a Black guy that started going nuts after he got an earful in his Black Studies class at Berkeley. This guy came from the East coast and his mom made him promise that he'd never grow dreads. This guy always wore an undershirt and carried a hanky. During his class he started growing dreads, Then he joined a Voodoo cult. Then he started to hate White people. His life and mental health were basically ruined because he was being brainwashed by his Berkeley professors. The professors want other people to be as hate filled as they are. It validates them. My mom was the world's first and foremost expert on the Holocaust. I grew up with books about the Holocaust all over the house. I really hate the French and the Germans now and I don't think very well of my fellow man in general. Ignorance is bliss, is a better motto to live by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home