Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Schwarzenegger's election will be a big blow to the Unions

Everywhere Arnold goes he is dogged by nurses, teachers and firefighters. Why these people are able to follow Arnie around is a puzzlement to me. They never seem to be working. I do not feel sorry for any of them.

My neighbor, a firefighter, seems to spend the time he is not fighting fires, drinking heavily. He stumbles home in the wee hours and barfs up a storm for the rest of the night and the next day. He makes enough money to afford high priced call girls who appear a few times a month. He is hardly hurting financially. Yet, he sports a "Firefighters for Phil Angelides" bumper sticker. The firefighters I know own boats and nice houses. I fail to see how they can consider themselves among the oppressed. They are in a competitive job and probably are among the easiest employees to replace, considering how high the pay is and how many men enjoy the camaraderie of working with other guys.

As for nurses, they are paid well enough. They make me sick with their whining about striking because "they are concerned about patient safety." If they actually were concerned about patient safety, they would get their lazy complaining asses to the patients' bedsides instead of picketing and trying to prevent sick people from getting into the hospital for care. My mom died of cancer and I spent a few months with her in the hospital. My dad was in and out of the hospital with his alcoholic woes for years. I had a chance to observe many nurses in action. (I do exclude Hospice care givers, who are in a class by themselves, they deserve raises, every one of them) The nurses worked a normal amount, sitting at the station much of the time. Many of them had personality problems. Many firefighters are married to nurses. Double Union trouble.

As for teachers, there are a few in California that do a good job. Mostly in rural areas and suburbs. The rest of them can go and hang for all I care. It will please me very well to see them thwarted in their attempt to install another Union puppet in the role of Governor. They would drive all our institutions into the ground as they have done the car manufacturers and the airlines. Raises out the ass, cushy pensions for life. Less and less work. They are all very angry at Arnold for reforming Workman's Comp. Highly paid government employees should put aside money for their own retirement. Just take the money for one call girl a month and put it in the bank. It's that easy. The left thinks that any idiot in a Union is a combination of Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Gandhi all rolled up into one delicious package. They think the sun shines out of Union members' asses. I am in a Union and the sun does not shine from my ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home