Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Liburls are "stressing" over a Xmas tree

The director walked through the Children's room the other day and told the women in charge that the room was not up to Holiday snuff and told them they needed to put up a Xmas tree. They had to do it, the head honcho told them to.

But they've been "stressing" about it for days. They asked to have a special meeting about it with the Children's program director. She told them to leave the tree up and gave them some money to buy a menorah and some other religious iconography to display for the sake of multiculturalism.

Right-wing co-worker and I are having much fun at their conniptions.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM , Blogger Beelzabubba said...

Everytime I see the specific Children's Librarian at the forefront of this religious attrocity to all the free thinking, progressive people of the city, I get a big smile on my face, because no matter what she says, that Tree, and decorations are staying. Unless of course she gets sneaky, and goes out of her way to get a "patron" to complain about how offensive it is to them, and then, maybe it will be removed. I am very sure that she is capable of doing this, and am amazed that she hasn't tried to pull it off yet.
I did not see a menorah in the room, yet, but there is now a very prominant Kwaanza (spelling?) display with the funky candle holder, candles, and lots of books about it in plain sight of the front entry way, while the poor little Christmas Tree is pretty much beyond site behind a main bank of book shelves. So far, only one other Librarian (from the same room) has been on the side of the Christmas haters, all of the other co-workers in that room either don't have an opinion/don't care about it, or think that these stressing Libs, are just as funny as I do. The morning after the tree was put up, one of the girls told me not to say anything about the decorations, and the tree, because (Enter Self Absorbed Librarian's Name here) because she was beside herself with much anger, and I would probably set her off the deep end with any comment I may make. Another of my co-workers, that also works in this section, is a Morrocan Muslim, and he just shakes his head, and thinks it is just silly!
I must find a small lump of coal to leave on (Enter Self Absorbed Librarian's Name here)'s desk. Just to show her that Santa/Satan is watching...,

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

She is sooo terrified that a Muslims will see the tree and suffer from Offended Muslims Syndrome and perhaps slaughter all the children in the Children's room.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home