Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Miss C's back up plan has fallen through

My co-worker used to take in all her indigent relatives when they fell on hard times or created hard times for they ownselves. Her daughter is currently ensconsed in her mother-in-law cottage and her niece's dog is living in the back yard because the niece has become homeless.
The niece lived with her years ago and a nephew did too. The nephew had mental problems and my co-worker was often scared for her life. He is since deceased.

Both the daughter and the niece took up with convicted felons and the felons have gone back to jail yet again. The niece has two kids and lost her job and instead of looking for another job she slept all day and ended up getting evicted from her apartment. She then got evicted from the homeless shelter she and her kids were staying in because she was taking the morphine co-worker's daughter has been prescribed for a back injury. Niece failed the mandatory shelter drug test and was disinvited to stay in the shelter.

Co-worker said that niece was offered, by the Dept of Welfare, an apartment, first and last months rent paid, but chose instead to live half out of her car and half out of co-worker's house, because "She might be leaving the State."

Co-worker got married a few years ago and bought a house and has turned over a new leaf and does not allow people to camp out, gratis, in her digs any longer. She has allowed the niece's dog to stay for some long months now. This is surprising because co-worker is not a dog person. She complains about having to care for the dog, but she buys the dog treats.

Niece keeps showing up at the house. Co-worker noticed that niece's son has a new portable DVD player even though they are living in their car. Today she was complaining that some of her DVD's are missing. Borrowed by the niece whom the daughter lets in during the day whilst co-worker is at work.

Co-worker's husband came home one day to find that the niece's laundry was occupying the washer and dryer.

This is pretty typical for many people who live in the inner city. Most have relatives who are pure parasite.

My problem is this, I always thought that should I choose to shack up for a time with a twice convicted felon, bear his children, quit my job, stop paying my mortgage and get evicted by the new owners of my former house and should the felon be then thrice convicted, so qualifying for the three strikes law, and I am robbed of his bank robbery/car theft earnings, such as they may be, who is going to take me in? I used to think that co-worker was the go to person, but now she had to go and get all tough love on people's asses.

I told her I was very displeased with the new her.

At least I know she'll take in Devil Dog.

4 Comments:

At 5:02 PM , Blogger ricpic said...

Some toughy she is. Sounds more like an enabler to me.

 
At 6:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch...makes my head hurt just thinking about it. i do sympathise with the dog though.

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Steve, are you still going to Phnom Penn House??

 
At 7:54 AM , Blogger staghounds said...

I think there's a subway grate with your name on it...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home