Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Miss C's friend from Panama sees things a bit differently

I got a haircut. It's almost universally popular. I have had at least 20 people tell me how great it looks. A kid I ride the bus with said "It looks like something from Vogue" (magazine).

It's also been called "Jazzy."

Last week my friend from Panama came to visit us at work. She took one look at my hair and said," Oh, you cut off your hair. I got used to you with all that hair." She wrinkled up her face to express her disapproval.

Then she looked down at my hips and said." Did you lose weight? You don't need to lose any more weight. You look too skinny."

This is a matter of cultural preference. Miss C is in no way skinny, much less "too skinny."

But she is happy to have her friend think that she is. Even if the friend is not pleased about it.

I totally forgive her for not liking my haircut.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM , Blogger Donkeyhue said...

Im afraid that I am going to have to question the veracity of this post until I see some sort of photographic proof of said hips.

Trust but verify.

however....

I am in agreement with the Panamanian that too skinny is mucho mal.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home