Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Friday, June 20, 2008

From, War Journal, My Five Years In Iraq, by Richard Engel

"In mid April 2004, Sunni insurgents executed an Italian thirty-six-year-old security contractor, Fabrizio Quattrocchi. In his final moment- like Berg's, also videotaped- Quattrocchi faced the kidnappers. Struggling to his feet, he tried to tear off his hood as he yelled, "I'll show you how an Italian dies!" They shot him in the head. I have often wondered if I would be that brave."

2 Comments:

At 11:42 AM , Blogger staghounds said...

I've always thought Mr. Quattrochi and those people on Flight 93, were far better examples to hold up than those people at their desks in the towers or at the Pentagon.

 
At 12:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Italians are awesome. 'Nuff said.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home