Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our tax dollars and stupid leftists support quacks on PBS

My local PBS station has been having one of their pledge drives. I can't bear to watch a second of the programs they use for the drives.

A parade of quacks is trotted out to sell snake oil, apparently because the shows featuring them rake in the donations. I was raised around educated lefties and just can not understand the anti-scientific trend they have recently become bent on pursuing. It reminds me of an author who said that many of the greatest scientific thinkers of previous centuries still believed in flying witches.

I know they are desperate for a substitute for religious experiences and determined to live in a young body and sharp mind forever, but their insistance on believing in money grubbing liars really bothers me.

We have loony gurus like Deepak Chopra, financial advisors like Suze Ormond, osteopaths,(?) and people who claim to be able to help you preserve your brain function, and the lying liar I despise the most out of of all these lying liars is (Dr) Nicholas Perricone, a supposed (expert) on youthful skin who has had a ton of plastic surgery done on his own face and who sells women grossly overpriced olive oil and vitamins to put on their faces. When ever I get samples of his products in the mail, I throw that shit in the garbage where it belongs.

The aging lefties came out of the 60's youth culture and they hate themselves for getting old.

The whole pledge drive thingy has become a travesty and precludes me from ever giving PBS a dime.

2 Comments:

At 5:34 PM , Blogger staghounds said...

The most self indulgent, pointless population cohort in the history of the planet, so far.

At least the aristos of the ancien regime built some pretty buildings, commissioned some worthwhile art, and fought in the wars.

Unlike the boomers.

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Staggy, I received the postcard from Exmoor Village. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home