Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Monday, March 09, 2009

Homie hats and the Carl's Jr girl

Whenever I visit my dentist I stop at the Carl's Jr nearby for breakfast. A lovely developmentally disabled girl works there every day cleaning and cleaning the place over and over again.

She loves me and tells me so often."Love you," she'll say every time she passes my booth. Kiss, kiss, she air kisses me. A few weeks ago I saw her on the street with her mother and sister and she was happy to see me there too.

Last time I went to the dentist it was cold and my appointment was for 7 am. I wore a chilly-willy hat like the homies wear.

I stopped at Carls' Jr's to see my friend. I did not see her at first. I asked the manager if she was there. He pointed to the other side of the restaurant. I looked at her, but she would not look at me. She would not even come on my side of the restaurant until the manager told her to put napkins in my napkin box. She came to the booth behind me and tapped me on the shoulder and had me pass the box back to her. "Thank you," she said shortly, leaving quickly after filling the box.

I always leave a tip under my tray and she usually can't wait to take it, but the tray sat on the table til after I left.

I told right-wing co-worker about it.

"Of course she didn't like your hat," he said. "She was thinking, "People who wear those hats make fun of me."

5 Comments:

At 11:35 AM , Blogger staghounds said...

That's probably true, and the second saddest thing I've read today.

BUT, you clearly bring her joy, so that's yet another reason to ditch that hat!

 
At 11:50 AM , Blogger ricpic said...

Wear a Kiss Me, I'm Irish jacket next time. And a tam o'shanter.

 
At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot how your hat looks like...??? Do you have a pix ?

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I am going to do my hair nice and visit her again. The whole thing made me sad...

I dunno about the Irish shirt, ric, but the tam is a good idea, tis the season!

 
At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe her boss talked to her about being overly friendly. Maybe people not as nice as you complained. So, it may not have been your hat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home