Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

I just ordered groceries from Safeway,

and the delivery driver epitomized what is wrong with Americans today. There is an addendum to your order and it asks you for a descripton of your dwelling that may further assist the driver in finding it. I live in a cottage complex. I live an a cottage of a certain color. It is the only cottage of said color. It is across from a certain landmark. The driver arrives with the groceries. When she arrives, she begins to complain that the directions are not clear. She states that the color of the cottage mentioned is the same color as the "door" of the next cottage. I am standing there with a Liberal friend and I am rolling my eyes at the idiocy of the delivery driver. She complains bitterly that she is unfamiliar with the area, and then she drops off the groceries. I see about 5 bags of groceries for $169.00 dollars. So, I say, "Are you sure that's all there is?" The driver says, "Yes, I am sure." After she leaves I begin to take stock of my order and of course it is short many items. I call the number given and have to wait a good long time, as the operators are very busy. I should not wonder as the drivers are clearly retarded. The operator finally answers my call and it is clear that Safeway is not interested in filling deliveries, as I am given to understand that the driver will check her truck and return if she finds the rest of the order, but the operator will give me a refund and I am "to call if the rest of the order is redelivered." I realize then that Safeway is not going to make good on the whole order. Ridiculous, and I am ordering from Albertson's next time.

2 Comments:

At 5:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey douche bag, show a little respect for those individuals who ARE retarded. I can understand your frustration, but that is insulting to retarded people. I WISH my sister was able to hold a job and drive. And Albertson's does not have any kind of magic 8 ball to find intelligent drivers. They all hire from the same pool. It's the current work ethic that's the problem, not Safeway.

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Ah, being called a douche bag, is so, well refreshing. As for showing respect to retarded people, when I meet them, I do. I doubt, no, I am sure that there are no retarded people reading my blog and so I do not have to be politically correct when I write my opinions. As for your sister working at Safeway, I believe that they do, and I am being serious here, hire developementally disabled people to recover shopping carts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home