Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Animals taken by hunters are organic meat.

I was reading a book today, What To Eat, by Marion Nestle. The chapter on meat was rather discouraging of the practice of eating meat as you can imagine. Ms Nestle is after all, an officer of the left wing food police force. She said that organic meat was near impossible to find and she even came to California, thinking that she would be able to find some here in the health food capitol of the USA. Alas, she could not find any in the stores or supermarkets. She also didn't look very hard or she would have found Bobby Lee's, a butcher shop that sells game meat. Not once did she think of getting a hunting license and going out and shooting some completely organic free range deer or pheasant, turkey or wild boar. Killing your own food, what an old fashioned, healthy way to make sure that your meat is actually organic and delicious. Who'd of thunk it.

10 Comments:

At 6:54 AM , Blogger -bRad said...

I don't understand the whole "organic" meat thing. I mean, isn't all meat organic by nature? Isn't that the definition of organic?

Oh, so you want meat that was raised without drugs and hormones. Plenty of that around, too, I do believe.

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Brad, Yes, especially if you raise your own chickens and hunt your own meat.

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger John Doe said...

When I go out to eat at a McDonalds, I like thinking about that exotic myth... you know, the meat of the hamburgers proceeds from mutant giant pigs without eyes nor legs. It’s nice to live in the 21th century!

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Well they could just grind up the eyes and add them to the hamburger. I am more worried about MacDonald's cheese. What is that yellowy orange crap? Tastes like beeswax and motor oil!

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger John Doe said...

I don't know why, but the eyes have an undeserved bad fame...

 
At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had to hunt for my own meat I'd starve to death.

More of a shooter than a hunter. Sitting on a dear stand for hours without seeing anything but the bugs biting me is not my cup of tea.

Did like duck/dove hunting though. You get to pull that trigger ... alot!

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I have been hunting a lot, I never could shoot anything. It was a great way to get out in nature. My ex would hie off to find a deer and i'd wait and the deer would come right up to me, while he was gone. I am a serial killer of fish though!

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

J.Doe, mutant pigs sans eyes, sounds like you got a book, right there! We do got turkeys so big in the breast that they can't hardly stand up!

 
At 4:42 PM , Blogger John Doe said...

Talking about pigs. Miss C, did you read Thomas Harris' "Hannibal" (or did you watch the movie)? Mason Verger, the antagonist, pretended to kill Hannibal Lecter converting him in food for super-pigs. Oh, my poor Anthony!

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

yes J.Doe, I both read the book and saw the film. Pigs can be very scary!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home