Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Better the riff raff you know!

Our Metropolitan Transit Authority, of whom previously I had been blissfully ignorant and thought only existed on the East Coast, called and asked me to participate in a survey. They asked a lot of questions about my knowlege of the Spare the Air campaign and my use of public transit. Of course our government has deemed the poor air quality days of summer, Spare the Air days. They made public transit free for some 6 of those days. On the free days, commuters who would never think of paying for a bus ride, flood the transit system. Its like the free fishing days. They crowd our buses. Buses that were made in Belgium, by the usual French speaking idiots. The buses are too small for their purpose and have absolutely no ventilation. Often the remark you overhear about the buses is, "I'd like to kill whoever designed these buses." The buses are particularly hard on the blind and the elderly. The seats are up from the floor level and there are too few handles to hold on to when one is moving from the seats to the doors. Anyway, we already hate the buses and then when the freeloaders hop on during Spare the Air days, we really see red. My co-worker said that she heard that regular public transit users drive their cars on Spare the Air Days. As another co-worker says, "Better the riff raff you know!"

7 Comments:

At 10:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I can't understand this bus stuff. The only bus I've ever been on was one used for school athletic functions. We had fun on those.

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Yes, well, inner-city buses are the very opposite of fun!

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger John Doe said...

In fact, inner-city buses are the very opposite of the good smell.

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

John Doe,Hola, Como Estas?

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger John Doe said...

Hola-hola, Miss C, ¿qué tal? Yo razonablemente bien, ya sabes, aunque un poco perdido, i'm lost, like all those people abducted by OVNIs (and abused by green little men from outer space). Pero soy víctima ahora de mi viejo temor: me siento incapaz de escribir. Leo muchísimo cada día, un método que suele ayudarme a recuperar la capacidad y el ritmo literarrio, pero en este momento me siento incapaz de escribir. ¡Espero que esto explique algunas cosas! Además, I feel always bad humored because of the politicians of my country! ¡Y hace demasiado calor! Well, I suppose there in the bay must be very hot too, is not?

 
At 12:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 
At 4:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home