Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Mayor Ron Dellums proposes hiring ex-prisoners for Oakland City jobs.

When I read Mayor Dellum's proposal I threw it around at work. Universally, with only one person disagreeing, Conservatives, Liberals and Libertarians all agree that it is a good idea. If ex prisoners can't get jobs they will go right back to a life of crime.

My ex boyfriend worked for a large plumbing supply company and they sometimes hired ex-felons. My ex said that they were some of the most loyal employees the company had. Like a dog that you get from the pound, they are desperate to fit in and damn grateful for the opportunity.

I am hoping that Ron Dellums is a maverick like Gavin Newsom (care not cash) of San Francisco. Dellums needs to shake up the power structure and try new things. I am willing to try anything at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home