Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Friday, June 08, 2007

Miss C exercised her white privilege just like Paris Hilton

When I was 19, I was on General Assistance.(I have been on welfare too, both as a minor and as an adult) One of the requirements is that you have to report for some kind of work. I showed up at the Welfare Dept and met with a social worker, a little, middle aged Black man. He was supposed to assign me to my work program, this involves picking up trash next to freeways type of "work." So this guy takes one look at me and says, "Uh oh. Oh no! We can't have you out there with those guys. They will eat you alive!" So he tells me I have to see one of their doctors and to tell him I have "stomach" pains. It's already arranged, code or something. So I go to the doctor and he does not even examine me, he does make me take a pee test, but that's it. He signs a work excuse and poof, I am Paris Hiltonly exempt from threats and harassment, rape, molestation, assault and possible death at the hands of my fellow General Assistance and community service workers. Was this unfair? Perhaps. Was it kindness and pure good sense on the part of my social worker? I know I will be forever grateful to that kind little man.

4 Comments:

At 4:07 PM , Blogger ricpic said...

Money. Lots and lots of money. Pile it up. Barricade yourself behind it. Everything else is BS. Failing that, move to an unfashionable part of the country. Get yourself an acre. A good piece of bottom land. Put machine guns at the four corners. Wail. I meant to type wait but wail is good. That's all. I has spoken.

 
At 8:12 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Ricpic, where the hell are you?

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger ricpic said...

Geographically? Psychically? Monetarally? Is monetarally a word? Well, now it is.

 
At 10:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, but being on welfare is not the same as a DUI and then continually thumbing your nose at the law by skipping court dates and driving without a license. Yours was a thoughtful bureaucrat w/ common sense, yes. But Paris got what she deserved.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home