Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Friday, December 28, 2007

The breakdown of the traditional family is responsible for global warming and obesity

Remember the good old days. Dad worked. Mom stayed home. One car for the whole family. If you had a second car, it sat in the driveway or maybe it was a kewl car your dad raced on weekends or took you for a drive in. He fixed it himself or worked on it with his friends.

It's true that most family vacations then consisted of driving somewhere, but then you camped and fished. When it snowed, your dad would drive to the mountains.

Mom walked you to school She didn't pull a car up in front of the school and block traffic, let you out and speed away to her job located six+ cities away. No need for day care, or for people to drive to work at the day care. Divorced couples have 2 households, 2 cars, bigger carbon footprints.

As for obesity, that wasn't a problem. You could count the fat kids in school on one hand. The stood out and often were made fun of. It was well accepted that they ate too much. It wasn't that they ate products made with corn syrup, they just ate too much of everything.

Your mom cooked. You ate cereal for breakfast. Except for the weekends when maybe your mom or dad made french toast, pancakes or bacon and eggs. My step-dad used to scramble eggs with bologna. You ate sandwiches for lunch. At dinner you always had to eat your vegetables, even Brussels sprouts. Going out for hamburgers or ice cream was a real treat. During the summer, fruit season, you ate an awful lot of fruit. Santa even put fruit in your Xmas stocking. You ate a tangerine before you opened your presents.

6 Comments:

At 1:19 PM , Blogger ricpic said...

I can one up ya. Back when I was a kid in the stone age, most kids, me too, walked home from school for lunch. My mother was there to feed me and listen to my non-stop babble about my adventures that morning. Then I walked back to school. Ah, those were the days.

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Random Passerby said...

So, from your blog, I've learned 2 things:

1. Because I'd rather work and live alone than marry and shit out kids, I'm part of the feminazi conspiracy that's to blame for people being fat.

2. It's ok to taunt and shame kids who are fat.

Oh, wait, then there's #3: You're an asshole.

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger ricpic said...

Shit out kids. Charming.

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

belle, fat people should be made fun of. Stigma is a useful thing. Feminists are the evil catalists of all manner of social injustice.

I like your feminazi manner of calling me an "asshole" a term usually reserved for men. Equal rights and all that jazz.

I'm sorry no one wants to impregnate your offensive, unattractive self and help you "shit" out kids.

Lose weight, you'll feel better and live longer, by yourself, with your cats, your hundreds, and hundreds of cats.

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger staghounds said...

I'm choking with laughter.

"...your hundreds and hundreds of cats."

Do not get on the wrong side of Miss C!

 
At 1:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help but laugh at your handling of Mzzzzz. Gunness. It's probably uncharitable on my part, but when someone talks about kids as being excrement, I can't help but feel she earned it.

And she can't count.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home