Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's official, Miss C is headed for hell!

My co-worker from the Philipines really likes the holiday pageants that a church a few cities way puts on. He took me to see the Xmas show and it was great. The church has a lot of talented parishoners. Many hundreds of people come to see the shows. Last night he took me and right-wing co-worker and his girlfriend to the Easter show.

The guy playing Jesus was cute, but he really couldn't sing very well. He kept croaking, "This is my bodyeee ee, this is my bluh uh uh ud." It wasn't sung well but it was kind of catchy and I can't get it out of my head." Jesus' sidekick Peter, on the other hand, sang great!

During the intermission, before the last act, the preacher came out and told us that we will never, ever be good enough, we are all sinners and that it boils down to believing or not believing and that the non-believers are going to the dark place. Straight to hell!

He said this over and over and when he asked us to bow our heads in prayer he told us that if we had not received Jesus in our hearts, we could not even pray.

All I was thinking was that God didn't really give up much in the way the preacher kept saying he did. If he gave up his only son, he eventually got him back and even if he didn't, he could have made a new son any old time he felt like it. The same one, or a different one. He could of had a bunch of kids that looked like the ones Angelina and Madonna keep adopting. Not much of a sacrifice at all from God.

But the preacher would not have taken kindly to my thoughts. He then told us that we could pick up some information packets with a CD and a nice book in the lobby, but only if we had felt Jesus enter our hearts.

As we left, my Filipino friend walked up to the table with the free info and book. He recognized the guy manning it. He said "Hey, I didn't know you went to this church."

His friend replied, "Yes, I do."

My friend asked for an info packet. His friend asked suspiciously, "Did you feel Jesus move your heart?"

My friend said he had already accepted Jesus, you know, before. He's always had Jesus in his heart.

His friend reluctantly handed him a packet.

You know since I keep singing Jesus' song, I think he got into my mind.

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM , Blogger Beelzabubba said...

...and I thought that was the only one going insane with that "This is my bodyeee ee, this is my bluh uh uh ud" verse spinning in my head over, and over again! It hurts, it really hurts...,
Make it stop Miss C, please make it stop!!!!

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger Beelzabubba said...

You know? I just noticed that when you post a comment, a little note at the top of the page in green lettering reads that "my message has been saved." Does this mean that my comment is going to Heaven? ;P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home