Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Jamel is here

My neighbor's grandson is here for thr summer. The grandmas had to go to a Gay Rights benefit dinner on Saturday and they asked me to watch Jamel. They gave me 60 bucks for dinner,a movie and my baby sitting fee.

I asked Jamel where he wanted to go for dinner. "Mexican, Vietnamese, Chinese, Pizza?"

"How about Applebees?" I said as I noticed his eyes begin to glaze over.

He put his hand to his chin and pretended to seriously consider my suggestions. "I was thinking Nation's, hmmm..., or MacDonald's" he said slyly.

"Well which is it?" I asked, hoping against hope he would say Nation's.

He put his hand to his chin again, and said, "Hmmm, let's see, I think, MacDonald's. I can eat MacDonald's every day!"

We had a great weekend. Someone was shooting a gun right outside on the street and Jamel frantically called 911 on his cell phone. The next day we were walking a trail across the street and found a guy passed out and curled up in a fetal position. We weren't sure if it had anything to do with the gun shots so we called the police again, but not the emergency number.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM , Blogger ricpic said...

Force the kid to go to Nation's. Make him suffer. ;^)

Seriesly, you guyz are so lucky in California with Nation's and Whataburger. We got shpilkas on the east coast.

Shpilkas. That's the same as bubkas.

 
At 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love regional fast food chains! All we have here in Minnesota (that is regional, not counting the national guys, of course) is White Castle, and you couldn't pay me to eat that crap.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home