Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A brown recluse spider built a web and took up residence across my television screen





I saw this female brown recluse walking across the edge of my television two nights ago. Last night I came home to find she found the flat screen tv a kewl place to hang out and lay eggs. Her abdomen is fat with eggs.

While she stayed in her little nest on the periphery on the bezel, I watched NOVA about fractals, a show on autistic savants, and Frontline's excellent program on the war in Afghanistan before I noticed the spider had disappeared from her web which is itself composed of fractals. I guess she was off to hunt bugs.

Of course, last night I was unaware that she was a recluse spider and was congratulating myself for not smashing her, no matter how large and wicked looking she may be. Supposedly, brown recluses do not live in California.

No good deed goes unpunished and today I was showing her photo around the work place when I got the idea to look her up on the internet. Lo and behold, she looks exactly like the pictures of brown recluses, one of which is at the top of this post.

I hope she doesn't bite Devil Dog while I am at work. My neighbor's dog walker's labrador lost its eye and half its face this spring after a venomous spider bite. I hope she has gone back to her web so I can smush her when I get home

9 Comments:

At 2:49 PM , Blogger ricpic said...

Holy moly, I hope for your sake the brown recluse is still on the TV screen when you get back so you can squish it pronto. If not, don't casually slide your feet into any of your shoes or slippers without checking them out first. If you can't locate the thing, damn the expense and call a professional exterminator in. The recluse is deadly.

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I know, I've been freaking out all day. Ugh!!

 
At 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kill! Kill! Show no mercy!

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger staghounds said...

Kill the spider!

Kill the sider!

C-I - L -L the spi-der.

(Actually I like spiders, they eat mosquitoes and flies. But nt the poisonous ones.)

 
At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come stay at my house till you get rid of that.

If it bites you you'll swell in all the wrong places!

OK no joke ... find it and kill it!

 
At 3:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-7 xiaozhengm
Michael Kors Factory Outlet Online Official
celine bag
Abercrombie Short T-Shirts
michael kors outlet online
Designer Louis Vuitton Handbags Online
uggs on sale
Louis Vuitton Bags Original
michael kors handbags
Jordan Retro 13 Pink And Grey
Air Jordan Shoes For Women And Men
hermes bags
Jordan Retro 8 Playoffs
michael kors bags
Abercrombie and Co Stoves and Awnings
Red Bottom Shoes Christian Louboutin
Authentic Coach Factory Outlet Online
ugg boots on sale
Louis Vuitton Backpack Purse
ralph lauren
fitflops
Louis Vuitton Outlet Factory Online
hollister uk sale
louis vuitton outlet stores
Authentic Louis Vuitton Monogram Handbag
Michael Kors Outlet Online USA Stores
louis vuitton handbags
Ugg Boots,Ugg Boots Outlet,Ugg Outlet,Cheap Uggs,Uggs On Sale,Ugg Boots Clearance,Uggs For Women
Air Jordan 4 Green Glow
true religion outlet
Louis Vuitton Bags On Sale Cheap
Authentic Gucci Factory Outlet
cheap jerseys
Louis Vuitton Outlet High Quality
canada goose jackets
Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM Monogram

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160527
cheap oakley sunglasses
adidas running shoes
michael kors outlet clearance
oakley outlet
coach outlet clearance
retro 11
christian louboutin outlet
kate spade handbags
michael kors outlet online sale
louis vuitton handbags
coach factory outlet online
insanity workout
louis vuitton bags
nike air huarache
air max
fitflop shoes
cheap louis vuitton handbags
nike air max uk
coach outlet
abercrombie and fitch
nfl jerseys
tory burch boots
coach outlet store online clearances
concord 11
supra for sale
louis vuitton bags
polo ralph lauren outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
jordan retro 11
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors handbags
nike uk
coach outlet store online
cheap jordans
ray ban sunglasses outlet
nike air max 90
hollister clothing
michael kors purses
jordan 6s
michael kors handbags

 
At 12:46 AM , Anonymous Perawatan Kesehatan Mata said...

This information is very useful. thank you for sharing. and I will also share information about health through the website

Cara Menghilangkan Bopeng
Obat Penyakit Kulit Eksim
Obat Alami Tekanan Darah Tinggi/Hipertensi
Cara Mengobati Gusi Bengkak
Cara Menyembuhkan Mata Minus
Obat gatal Kudis/gudik

 
At 10:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

true religion jeans
ray ban eyeglasses
louboutin shoes
jordans
off white clothing brand
coach outlet
jordans
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
pandora charms

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home