Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Murderball is highly over rated

I just watched Murderball. The night before I watched Murderball, I watched another documentary called My Flesh and Blood. What a difference there was between the two movies. The guys in Murderball are asshole frat boys. Most of them got into the condition they are in by behaving like the drunken idiots they are. There is nothing remotely heroric about becoming paralyzed by passing out in your buddy's truck and being tossed into a ditch when your buddy has a drunk driving accident. Contrarywise, the children in the documentary My Flesh and Blood, are in the condition they are in through no fault of their own. The children in My flesh and Blood exhibit heroic behavior everyday of their lives. The woman and her daughter that care for these children are incredibly selfless and caring towards others. The boys in Murderball ceaselessly engage in childish behavior. They all have the same boring personalities as well, dumb jocks. The only guy I liked was the one that had lost limbs because of meningitis. As for the wheelchair rugby, it is not very radical at all. They tried to edit it to make it seem more fierce, but it came across as pretty tame. I saw a news story about African polio victims. They play polo on these little carts like mechanics use to roll under cars. Man, those were some fierce bad, radical dudes and they could kick the ass of any of those wimpy, spoiled rich boys that play wheelchair rugby. The wheelchairs in Murderball are slow and plodding. My favorite part was when an ablebodied guy went over and dragged one of the rugby players out of his chair and threw his supposedly rugged ass on the floor. Reality check right there. The guys in Murderball were also quite dismissive of the Special Olympians in the Special Olympics. I got news for you guys, you're special too.

2 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just did a podcast on it. i have to agree to a point. this is the second time since the film fest that i saw it. kinda dissapointing. MTV really killed it.

 
At 6:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dark days was Incredible. this film had all the makings of a greaat film but somewhere on the editing table it just fell short.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home