Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Let people celebrate Kwanzaa in peace, for Christ's sake!

There is an awful lot of mean spirtedness going around the blogosphere about President Bush wishing African Americans a Happy Kwanzaa. Look people, I don't care about Maulana Karenga's revolutionary past and his crimes, for which he has served hard time, by the law of this nation.

Hey, Jesus broke a whole hell of a lot of laws too and was crucified for them. Of course I am not trying to compare Karenga with Jesus, I realize the basic differences. But Karenga was punished and is entitled to have made a life for himself after his release from prison. Or would you right wingers rather he just reverted back to a life of crime? This confuses me.

In any case, when Bush says Happy Kwanzaa, he means it. I will never forget the story San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsome told about a party he attended with Bush and this was right after Gavin had let a lot of gays marry in SF. Gavin said he was shocked because Bush told him that he was "proud of him." Now I believe that Bush was proud of Gavin Newsome because he knows Gavin is acting on his principles. Bush may not agree with Gavin about gay marriage, but he admires Gavin for standing up for what he believes.

In any case it is no skin off White people's backs for Blacks to celebrate Kwanzaa. It does not cause harm in any way and it makes some Black people happy. How's that hurting you?

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM , Blogger gary said...

Bush is more pro-gay than people realize. He may even be gay.

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Well, if he is, I'd like a threesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home