Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

I can't imagine a world without retarded people!

Since the AMA came out with a recommendation that all pregnant women, not just women over 35, have their fetuses tested for Down syndrome, I have been thinking on what it would mean to live in a world without retarded people. I am disturbed by the fact that people with Down syndrome are considered disposable. To me people with Down syndrome are just another human variation. I understand the disappointment that some families feel when faced with a child with Down syndrome, but surely there are many families that love and cherish their Down syndrome children. Next we will abort dwarfs and those with cleft palettes. Where will it end?

3 Comments:

At 12:48 PM , Blogger gary said...

Me neither. And I'd miss you.

 
At 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh zinger! You must be proud little man.

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

You're right Gary if your Momma had aborted you, I never would have met ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home