Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Saturday, August 02, 2008

They don't serve my kind, or the tides have turned

One of my Black co-workers keeps trying to get us to all go out after work for drinks. He named a Black owned dinner club that I have had a little experience with.

"No way would I go there, they don't serve the likes of me," I told him.

"What are you talking about?" he said.

"I went there with my sister and our Hispanic boyfriends and we never were served or even acknowledged, I replied. I am never, ever going there again."

Another Black co-worker said, "If you go with us you will be served."

"No she won't, right-wing co-worker said. Remember when we called in a phone order and I went with you guys (the Blacks) to pick it up and they gave you your food and looked at me and said, "Your food is not ready yet."

"Oh yeah, said Black co-worker, embarrassed. It seems to me I do remember that."

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM , Blogger ricpic said...

I thought only whites could be racist.

But it's also true that only whites are capable of self-criticism and self-control.

God help us when the devil made me do it crew takes the helm.

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Beelzabubba said...

...and you want to know something else, after waiting for another 20+ minutes for the same food that was phone ordered, at the same time as our other co-workers of color..., they finally handed it over to me, and it was barely warm, and totally sweaty-soggy! You know, just like hot food that has been sitting in a bag for 20+ minutes! As Miss C said, "Never Again!"

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger brotherkomrade said...

Jesus, this blog is still here?
What am I sayin'? The right-wing still exists.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home