Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

India is meaner than China

My Chinese supervisor has told me that her friends and relatives in China are amazed that she has advanced in her job as she is now over 35. My supervisor says that in China hen you place an ad for hire you can state that you want a tall, good looking, young person. After 35 no one will hire you and if you are lucky enough to be employed your aged self cannot expect to be given a promotion.

I was discussing this with my Indian friend, Lakshmi, and she said, in India the cutoff age is 28. No one wants to hire you if you are older that that... and you can also state in an ad that you want tall, good looking, light skinned people to apply.

You can't even do that in a personal ad here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home