Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Things I overheard about Tookie

While I was at work on Monday, I was waiting to hear the news about Tookie William's execution. I was a little concerned because the media was hyping the possible riot scenario and I have to take public transit home from work. When Yahoo had a blurb anout Schwarzenegger denying Tookie clemency, I walked over to the typists cubicles to get the Black voice, or the word on the street. One of the typists started griping right away "They better not interupt my soap operas to talk about Tookie." The other typist joined in, " No, they better not mess up my soaps." So I said, "Some rioters might pull a Reginald Denny on my ass and all you guys are worried about is your soaps!" So, one of them says, "Well, I'll give you a ride home if they start to riot, but they better not mess with my programs!" As it turns out there was a mini riot in the downtown area, but the media downplayed it and acted like it had nothing to do with Tookie. I actually did take the bus home and I sat next to a Black girl who was talking on her cell phone. She kept saying how "Scandalous" it was that Tookie was going to be executed. Then she said that somebody was going to "Get" Schwarzenegger. It was a long ride home I can tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home