Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

California campaign ads.

The Democratic plan for getting elected in California consists of television commercials in which candidates brag about their goals of taxing the rich and making corporations pay their "fair share" whatever that may be. What the Democrats are going to do with the money they take from the rich is another thing entirely. They will throw it at ineffective Government programs like public education. Once the Public Employee Unions figure out how much extra money the state has, they will start demanding raises and we will be back to square one with no measurable improvement whatsoever. 2 years ago my supervisors received a 26% raise. How many people in the private sector receive 26% raises?

Of course. the idea of taxing corporations and the rich will be popular with liberal Californians, so it's a done deal. I could say that I hope that the rich all leave California, but that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. I live here too. If there's no one left but poor people, illegal immigrants, and Government employees, I'll be screwed.

6 Comments:

At 7:53 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

If the taxes actually fed poor people at least they would be worth it, but it makes government employess richer. American stars seem kind of stupid about financial matters. I have always thought that instead of doing Live Aid concerts, the stars should just donate a few million dollars, they would get a big tax break! A lot of British stars don't live in Britain because of the high taxes. It cracks me up when Mick Jagger insults Bush. Mich was a drug addict that cruised the third world for dark skinned woman to exploit and had no real integrity but he can talk trash about my president! I guess the stars in America all have managers that take care of the bills and good tax accountants and as long as their drugs and alcohol, divorces and expensive shoes and clothes are paid for, they don't care. I think that the stars get all the clothes they wear to events for free. They are advertising for the designers.

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger -bRad said...

I love the politicians in CA that refuse to admit that people are leaving in CA in droves due to the high cost of real estate and taxation.

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

yes, Brad, I have a tiny house here in CA. It's 420 sq ft, 20x22, my friend calls it my "little red shed." It is in a cottage row. The last cottage that was sold, was sold for $325,000.00. Crazy!!

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Yes, SF, but if I sell my tiny house, $325,000.00 is not enough money to buy a bigger house. But I could travel to Spain to see you SF.

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Tulsa Oklahoma, or Tulsa Alabama? SF

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Well, my mom's family are from Granite Oklahoma. I am going to check out the houses you are talking about. It's going to make me cry to see what the same price as my house can buy in other states. I bought my house for 100,000.00 but by the time I finish paying for it it will cost over 300,000.00 and it's so tiny!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home