Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

When Miss C watches boxing she always roots for the American boxers

My liberal friend always roots for the international boxers. My friend loves the Russians, the Poles and the Africans. She is always moved by the foreigners' hard luck stories. I most often root for the Americans, who are predominantly Black, or the Hispanics who share my continent and my destiny. I am moved by their hard luck stories. The only time I don't root for the American is when he is obviously a bad person. When my friend watches the matches and sees an American win, she says to herself, "I know Miss C is a happy camper."

This, to me, points out the difference between our political philosophies. My liberal friend feels more connected to people who live outside the US, than she does her fellow countrymen. She is a misogynist and easily annoyed by those around her. So she does not connect with her neighbors, but is able to connect better with the people in other countries in an abstract sense. I do not think much of human beings in general, but I do live in America and care more about my fellow Americans than I do about people in other countries.

7 Comments:

At 6:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took a woman to see closed circuit "No Mas" fight of Sugar Ray Lenord/Roberta Duran fight.

Every time SR hit Duran she would get so excited and hit my leg ... hard!

I finally looked at her and said. I hope he don't knock Duran out!

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger D.B. Shobrawy said...

When Evander Holyfield(american) fought Lennox Lewis(born in jamaica, raised in Canada, living in U.K.) I cheared for Lennox Lewis. One because I knew Lennox was the better boxer and I have always hated Evander Holyfield. I think your political strife is a result of not knowing crap about boxing, lol

p.s. Change your link to me, there has been an address change.

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I love Lennox now that he is not fighting us any more! A foreign boxer earns points when before the fight he runs around saying things like, "I have wanted to fight in America my whole life, because America is the greatest country on earth!"

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I don't think Lennox was raised too much in Canada as he has a very distinct British accent, Sho.

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger D.B. Shobrawy said...

my mistake on something else, he actually was born in england but did grow up in canada, he actually represented Canada in the 84 olympics.

btw i just realized i accidentally forgot to transfer you link on my new site but i am putting it up now

 
At 6:27 AM , Blogger anita said...

I tend to root for Americans as well. Because that was the way I was brought up -- to root for the home team.

I understand that there are many 'hard luck' stories all over the planet. Literally. But at the same time there are SO MANY hard luck stories, and people who need a break, here in our own country that it bothers me SO much when I see people like Angelina Jolie and Madonna going to AFRICA to adopt babies. What about all the kids here that could use a home and family? Pisses me off.

Anyway, another old saying: charity begins at home.

 
At 3:17 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Here in California they would not let Angelina adopt a black child. They will leave them to languish in unhealthy foster care til they are 18 and then kick them out on the street.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home