Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Miss C is losing her powers of seduction!

On Thursday and Friday I have to take a mess load of DVD's to another dept so they can be sorted for delivery. The guy I give them to hates sorting them and gives me dirty looks every time I bring them to him.

I was getting ready to take them down when one of his dept co-workers came in to our dept. I told him that I hated taking the DVD's down there and why.

He said, "Why don't you flirt with him a little, butter him up. Call him Sugar Bear."

So I said, "I call him Cowboy (He's in the Black Cowboy Association). I'll try it!"

I took the DVD's down. As he peeked around his cubicle and gave me the death stare, I crooned seductively, "Hey Cowboy, I brought you some DVD's."

"I'll scalp you like an Indian!" he growled.

8 Comments:

At 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to being middle aged :) On the other hand, maybe he is a gay cowboy!! So many of the male librarians (is technician the proper term?) at my local library sure are.

 
At 5:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He surely must be a sheep herding cowboy to be able to resit your charm!

 
At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He might perceive you as too perky, upbeat or a snob.

Next time you can say, "Will you help a cowgirl with these DVD's?"

If he says, "I'll scalp you like an Indian!" again, you can tell him,
1.)"There is more than one way to skin a cat."
2.)"Oh! So you want to show me your tomahawk?"
3.)"Then ravish me first, I don't want to die a virgin?"

Oh well. It is Friday and I left my thinking cap in 2nd grade.

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger gary said...

Hey, next time you're in San Jose I'll do you.

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Karen, he's clearly straight but thanks for the thought. He never did have the jungle fever! Thanks a whole lot Gary, but I rather die a virgin than get near your sulferous tomahawk. Ralph you are witty enough without your thinking cap!

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

As for Chief Jack, you can show me your tomahawk any time!

 
At 10:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I saw a dude in a Black Cowboy Assoc jacket a few weeks back and thought to myself now thats something you dont see everyday. Now I know theres at least two of them out there.

As far as your powers of seduction are concerned I think you missed the point. "Ill scalp ya" sounds like a come on to me, heck Im gonna use it this weekend.

 
At 1:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite Native American/Historical pick-up line of all time:

If I dress up like an Indian, can I dump my tea in your harbor?

Best.Historical.Reference.Ever.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home