Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Adeed Dawisha, no supporter of the Iraq invasion, said on PBS News Hour,

"Well, I don't really put that much faith in opinion polls that are taken in conditions of war and conflict that we have in Iraq. Just in terms of my own personal contacts, I honestly don't know of a single Iraqi -- unless, of course, he's a militia or a terrorist -- who thinks that American troops leaving tomorrow will be better for Iraq. I mean, it's almost a guaranteed civil war situation if that happens.
And the horrors of the civil war, if it does happen, will make whatever is happening in Iraq now seem like child play. So they do follow what's happening in Washington. And I doubt very much whether they think that a precipitous departure of American troops is going to be good for Iraq."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home