Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Monday, March 03, 2008

If they allow gays to marry

I ride the bus with a gorgeous Pakistani guy. One day he told me that he couldn't wait for the gays to get the right to marry in this country.

"The government will not be able to outlaw polygamy any more," he said.

"So, I said, you claim to be a mainstream American now, but you want more than one wife."

"Well what if my wife is not able to have children," he said. "I wouldn't want to just throw her away. I would keep her and marry another woman."

"Wow, I said. Aren't you special? What if your first wife wanted to divorce you and marry a guy who didn't want kids? That way she could be his one and only wife."

He looked skeptical. I got the impression he is hoping his first wife is barren. That way he is sure to get two wives.

4 Comments:

At 5:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

somehow i don't think he has thought this whole polygamy thing through completely.

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Urbanleftbehind said...

If an attractive woman was barren, she could be the ultimate mistress!

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger gary said...

I am really torn on gay marriage. On the one hand, haven't gays suffered enough? But then I think that the whole idea of gay marriage really pisses off the religious right (also called the religious wrong). Really christians should be all for gay marriage. If gay marriage isn't a sign that Christ is coming soon, what is? I mean they're not called Sodomites for nothing.

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

The idea of men marrying is so incredibly stupid. I don't care if women marry each other, but men getting their husbands' social security checks after death is just more patriarchy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home