Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Going into Iraq is like my ex-boyfriend skinning a bear in his front yard.

My ex-boyfriend was a taxidermist and big game hunter. He bought a house in a bay area suburb. When he moved in he noticed that his neighbors across the street were not the purest of souls. They engaged in a lot of very bad behavior while I lived with him. They attacked one neighbors son after he tried to defend his girlfriend from their insulting language. They never bothered me or my ex. My ex told me that after he realized what bad characters they were he decided he needed to do something to impress them. He went bear hunting. Then he brought the bear home and as his neighbors hung out on their porch, he proceeded to skin the bear in his driveway in front of them. He said he figured that they would realize that the bear hadn't done anything to harm him, but he shot it and skinned it anyway. After seeing this, they would be warned that if they did harm him, he would be just as merciless to them. In fact one of them, while high on PCP, came and kicked in the garage door. My ex nearly shot him before the police arrived. The culprit's brother came over and begged forgiveness for his brother's actions, probably the first time in his life he had apologised for anything. Going into Iraq served the same purpose. Iraqis never did anything to harm us, so woe betide any Muslim country that does.

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your beautiful prose and delicious use of metaphor brings tears to my eyes. Bravissimo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home