Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Miss C's bathtub woes

Miss C is down and depressed and still has bathtub issues. I went to the plumbing supply in Chinatown and they rigged me up with some black rubber hosing and a little pressure ring you tighten with a screw driver. I have been able to take a bath by hooking the hose up to the bathroom sink and filling up the bath from there. Works great. better than the bathtub faucet was working before it totally conked out. When I first bought my little house it had no heater. This was a problem because I was taking care of my dying mom and it was the beginning of January. You could have stored meat in my living room. You could see your breath. The house has an old fuse box and I got an expensive space heater to keep my mom warm at night and the heater melted the fuse. Bad news. After she died I read about a program in my city where they give rehab loans to low income residents of historical properties. So I applied and the loan was 3%. Unbeatable! The woman in charge of the program could not be any cooler. So I got a heater and a grounded plug in the bathroom and a stove vent, an attic vent and more kitchen cabinets and pretty French windows (because I had to have an historian out to look at the place before they could work on it, and he recommended the original style windows.) I needed new porch posts as the original ones were rotted. I just paid off that loan in April and the plumbing goes out. I called this week and they offered me the same terms. Now they do a lot of weird stuff on their own, the porch posts are made from the pressure treated wood that looks like it's been stapled a million times, very ugly, and they have told me that my tub surround is not up to code. I have an old fashioned style bathroom and I like it that way. I am afraid that they will stick some ugly hotel looking glass shower cubicle in. God I hope not. Anyway, I guess it's better to have running water, than not. Beggers can't be choosers.

10 Comments:

At 8:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This brings back memories. Good memories.

My first love and I moved into a rent house that had no shower. I rigged what we called a French shower with PVC pipe, 3 shower curtains and a hand held shower massage. It was rather rickity but did the trick.

Hope you get it all together.

And BTW ... did you loose that #?

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Yes, Jack that's like camping. I like it when the power goes out too!

 
At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well we can always light some candles but I ain't into that melting wax and stuff!

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Kinky stuff you mean? I prefer spanking to wax play!

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger John Doe said...

I'm sorry deeply to hear you're in troubles, Miss C. I suppose that is the price of living in California, the leftist state with all those gleaming and rich Hollywood stars. Maybe they can help you. They are always helping working class, are not? I suggest you call Sean Penn. The next time some killer goes to the electric chair, look for Penn in the yard of the jail. I’m sure he’ll go personally to solve your bathroom problems!!! Your drug addict neighbors will think they are taken too much LSD...

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Sean Penn never looks as if he takes a bath. Except when he goes to New Orleans and forgets to plug his boat. Then he gets a little wet.

 
At 12:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean Penn should be put in a burlap sack and taken down to the river. Asshat. Sorry to hear about your bathroom problems. If it makes you feel any better, I had an apartment while living in Japan, and I had some disgusting toilet woes. The toilet and shower were hooked to the same drainage unit, so when the toilet backed up, water would leak from the toilet basin and the shower area would overflow with human waste and used toilet paper. It was like feces-flavored oatmeal. Quite a sight to behold. Man, did that suck. And since I have essentially no speaking ability in Japanese, I had a heck of a time explaining my situation to the landlord.

The moral of the story is: be thankful it's just the bathtub. Things could be much, much worse.

 
At 3:49 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

OOOOHH Noah, I thought the Japanese were so careful about such things.

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Jack I have just realized what you said and I believe that the French don't take showers. French shower, yes, Jackeroo, that's a good one. What #?

 
At 6:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turns out the plumbing was old and in need of repair. The toilet was, at least. Thankfully though, it was a Western-style toilet, and not a 'washiki', otherwise known as the Asian 'squatter' variety. Those took some practice to master.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home