Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Friday, June 02, 2006

Miss C, Leilouta and the foot fetishist!

The always delightful Miss Leilouta has a post and a link that reminds me of a favorite library patron. When I first began to work at the Library, I became familiar with the many strange library regulars. One of the daily visitors is a high functioning, slightly mentally retarded young man, named, Calvin. Calvin is a very tall and handsome African-American, in his late teens. Calvin looks a lot like O J Simpson. Calvin always wears spotlessly clean jeans and a scrupulously ironed, Levi jacket. Calvin's mother takes very good care of him. Calvin visits the library every day. He is a very good bowler and likes to show us his bowling scores. He goes to the second floor to look at fashion magazines. The reason that he looks at fashion magazines is that he is specifically looking for pictures of girls' feet. Calvin has a serious foot fetish. When I first got the job at the library, there were 3 beautiful African-American girls working at the library card and video desks. Calvin would stop and visit with them and then he would come over to the check out desk and visit with me. One time I was walking down the street and he yelled at me from across the street and pointed to my shoes, which were light brown. I said, "Calvin, I know why you like these shoes, it's because it looks like I'm not wearing any!" and he nodded and jumped around a little, in excitement.
One day Calvin came to chat with me and he was clutching in his hand a copy he had made from a dictionary, of the description of the word, "footsies, to tickle with the feet." He showed me the description and asked, "If you was my girlfriend, would you play footsies with me?" I said, "Calvin where did you get that idea?" Calvin said, "I saw it on Three's Company." "A girl played footsies with Jack, underneath the table." "Jack got a funny look on his face, but I wouldn't get a funny look, I would enjoy it very much!" Another time he came up to me at the check out desk and asked me if I ever wore sandals. I told him I did, but only in summer. Then he asked me if he could see my feet. I told him no, as my feet were ugly! As summer rolled around I was checking out books and I got a strange feeling. I looked up to see Calvin hanging over the mezzanine, above me, staring down at my sandaled feet. He gave me a sheepish grin and came bopping down the stairs. He walked up to me and said, "You feet ain't ugly!" and ran out the front exit. On one occasion he told me that he had gone home with a "bad lady." He said that she had promised to play footsies with him, but when she got him to her house she wanted him to take off his pants. He refused, disappointed at not getting the footsies he had been promised. He repeated that she was a "bad lady!" He got a job cleaning up hotel grounds with a group of mentally retarded people. He expressed to me his desire to meet a girl who would play footsies with him. He told me that he hoped to meet a "light skinned (black) girl, with big eyes!" I told him that he should maybe not be so picky, and he said, he knew this, but he still hoped that she would be, "light skinned, with big eyes!" The last time I saw him he was in the magazine section and I said "Hey, Calvin" and he said, "What kind of shoes you got on?" I said, "These are boots, Calvin." He grinned devilishly, and said, "Boots," hee, hee.

8 Comments:

At 12:42 PM , Blogger Leilouta said...

Hahahaha...very funny!

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger -bRad said...

That was a GREAT story!!!

Thanks for the write up. You didn't want to play footsie?

 
At 3:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I told him no, as my feet were ugly!"

I can't believe it. Prove it!

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Well Jack,
Calvin, who knows feet, says that my feet ain't ugly!

 
At 11:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I was thinking. Yep Calvin knows pretty feet when he sees them!

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

My Gramdmama taught me that in order to be at all attractive, you gotta paint your toenails!

 
At 12:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 
At 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home